Comprehensive Opioid Treatment
If any of the following benefits are desirable to you or are part of your future goals then you should give this program your attention and consideration.
- A life free of illicit drugs
- A stable personal, social, family and financial life
- No physical withdrawal symptoms
- Decreased or eliminated drug cravings
- A chance to obtain or complete an education
- Improved self-esteem, self-worth and independence
- Improved health and then prevention of drug related health problems (e.g. HIV, Hepatitis, Liver Disease, etc)
- Improved overall quality of life
- A chance to regain respect, trust and relationships with your spouse, children, family members, friends and associates
- Countless other benefits
Medication assisted treatment (MAT) is the use of medications combined with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a ‘whole patient' approach to the treatment of substance use disorders. Research indicates that a combination of medication and behavioral therapies can successfully treat substance use disorders, and for some people struggling with addiction, MAT can help sustain recovery.
Medications are primarily used to treat substance use disorders related to opioids such as heroin and prescription pain pills. The prescribed medication operates by blocking the euphoric effects of opioids, relieves physiological cravings, and normalizes the brain and body’s functions without the negative effects of the abused drug.