Staying properly hydrated, especially in this Arizona heat is something most of know we should do. Hydration is important for the body and mind to properly function. This is especially important while in recovery and trying to get your body and mind back on track. So why is it that so many of us still do not drink enough water every day?
Here are 15 reasons to get you drinking water now!
1. Flushes out toxins. Water is the ultimate at flushing out toxins. This is especially important when detoxing or in recovery. If you don’t like drinking plain water you can add a lemon wedge to increase its benefits.
2. Aids digestion. Going through recovery can be difficult on the body. Your body doesn’t function at its best when using certain substances. Water will help your body get back on track.
3. Relieves headaches. Migraines are never enjoyable and are often the result of dehydration.
4. Regulates body temperature. Yes, water is responsible for your body temperature. That’s why we sweat!
5. Transports nutrients throughout your body. Focusing on your diet is important but unless you are hydrated you won’t get the most out of those nutrients.
6. Boosts immune system. Drinking water is the most basic way to stay healthy.
7. Increases energy. This Arizona heat can suck the energy right out of you. So, drink up!
8. Regulates kidney function. Kidneys need water’s help to filter the waste in your body.
9. Improves mood. Anyone in recovery knows it comes with many ups and downs. Water can help you bring balance to your mood.
10. Fights high blood pressure. Strokes, blood clots, and heart disease are just some of the effects of hypertension.
11. Relieves swelling. If you find that you wake up with puffy eyes or a bloated face, its most likely a result of not drinking enough water the evening before.
12. Prevents Illness. Drinking enough water can prevent high cholesterol, kidney stones and bladder infections to name a few.
13. Improves heart health. Happy heart, happy life!
14. Increases brain function and elevates alertness.
15. Aids relaxation. Water and chill, anyone?